The hospital provides full range of orthopaedic services including Major Joint Replacement (Ankle, Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist), Spinal Surgery Reconstructive Surgery and treatment of Sports Injuries. Orthopaedic surgeries are carryied out as outpatient operations (including day surgery) or inpatient operations.
Outpatient surgery, also known as ambulatory surgery, same-day surgery or day surgery, is surgery that does not require an overnight hospital stay. Inpatient surgery is surgery where the patient needs to remain overnight or longer after the surgery is completed, for care or observation.
Most minimal-invasive arthroscopic surgeries in our hospital are carried out in day surgery but the decision depends on the nature of medical problem as well as treatment process. For example, arthroscopic knee surgery is usually day surgery, more complicated shoulder reconstruction might require one night in the hospital, total hip and knee replacement means hospitalisation for 6-7 days. The decision on specific treatment plan and surgery will be done by orthopaedic surgeon and will be explained to the patient prior the treatment.
The Hospital of Orthopaedics provides a full range of state-of-the-art orthopaedic services, including:
- Major Joint Replacement (Ankle, Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist);
- Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy;
- Meniscal Surgery /Partial Menisectomy;
- Meniscal Repair;
- Arthroscopic hip surgery;
- ACL Reconstruction;
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery;
- Golfer’s Elbow /Tennis Elbow;
- Corrective osteotomies, different arthrodhesis and capsulodhesis and tenodhesis in wrist, hand and foot region;
- Scaphoid surgery (incl. vascular osteoplasty);
- Implantation of meniscus;
- Spinal Surgery;
- Hallux valgus;
- Reconstructive Surgery;
- Curative measures related to Sports Injuries.